Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Turbo Jam

Tonight, we all went over and had supper at Cat's house.  I made chicken alfredo (no noodles!) and zucchini.  Pretty stinking tasty if I do say so myself.  Had a fabulous time playing with the childrens and what not as well. 

After supper, after my nieces went to bed, we decided to work out.  Correction, Cat decided we were working out, and I himhawed around until she pretty well ordered me into the living room to participate. LOL  We started with Brazil Butt Lift abs or some sort of foolishness as that.  Yeah, I lasted two minutes.  Her back is still somewhat out too, so we switched to Turbo Jam.  Not gonna lie, it was pretty fun.  We did the 20 minute version, and I DEFINITELY feel like I got a workout!  I was kind of flailing around like a chicken with my head cut off though, because it was my first time and I had no idea what I was doing.  But definitely something I'd be interested in trying again.  Also, if y'all are interested in any of the Beach Body workouts (P90X, Power 90, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, etc) Cat (see link above, or over to the right) is a Coach now!  She can get you set up! 

I did burpees for the first time tonight too!  I did like 6 of them!  They're horrifying to be perfectly honest. LOL  I hate them, but they work. I am absolutely feeling it tonight!  I also did almost 10 situps right in a row, without stopping.  This is kind of a big deal for me.  I have no ab muscles.  I have been told this by a physical therapist, even.  My knees have been screwed up my whole life, and this physical therapist told me it's because my weight has been resting on my knees.  Usually, people's core and lower abs help hold up some of their weight.  Since mine are so weak, it was going all straight to my knees.   When you weigh as much as me, that's kind of an issue.  So, doing 10 actual real sit ups - not crunches, real sit ups - is for real something I am very proud of!

In other news, I failed at diet today.  Went to a Waffle House type restaurant for breakfast, then at a healthyish dinner.  Worked out...then hit Sonic on the way home.  Yeah, I know. LOL But that chili cheeseburger was so totally worth every calorie.  Seriously. 

Tomorrow I have a date with my sister to see Breaking Dawn.  Second time around for me because I'm just that cool. LOL  Who knows, maybe I'll get in another round of Turbo Jam tomorrow, too! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Turbo Jam is what got me hooked :)
    And I'm so proud of you for all the extra crap you did! Those burpees are evil, but have become kind of a quest for me. I want to be able to do 20 at regular pace. I will make it. I don't want to dread any certain activity. One of my goals is to no longer fear my body, and dreading a certain exercise kind of feels like fear, if that makes any sense.
    Btw, the coffee is yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost afraid to ask but....what the heck is a burpee??

    ReplyDelete