Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Well, that's one way to cut calories...

So, Monday morning I had a pulmonary function test.  (More on that in a bit.)  So I woke up and got around for the day.  My stomach felt a bit wonky, but I figured it was just because I hadn't eaten since about 7:30 the night before.  Usually I snack around 9:30 or so.  Went and did my test, and still  I was supposed to meet a friend in town for lunch and a movie, and had some time to kill, so I met my mom at Target.  Yeah, that's where it all went downhill.

As we were leaving, the omg-I'm-gonna-hurl feeling came by for a visit.  So I literally sat in the Target bathroom stall floor for probably 15 minutes trying to convince myself I was not going to pass out (or die) and I could make it to my truck to drive home.  Texted my friend and told her I was gonna need to take a raincheck.  Since she's awesome, she was already in that neck of the woods, so she came to rescue me. Walked me out to the truck and made sure I was ok to drive and such.  I did make it home, and proceeded to sleep all day.

It's hard to eat when, you know, you want to hurl.  Or when you're alseep.  I had a total of about 500 calories on Monday, and it was all Saltines.  Awesome.  Tuesday I stayed home from work.  By Tuesday night, I was feeling a bit better, so I had some noodles from my favorite Chinese place.  That upped my calorie intake a bit. LOL  Feel close enough to human to go to work today, but the thought of eating still makes me a bit queasy.  We will see how it goes.

Now, back to the test I had.  I took the first section of the test, which was the part to see how hard and fast you can blow out, and the tech says "Yeah, we're going to give you a breathing treatment."  Awesome.  After the breathing treatment though, I rocked it. LOL  The second part was the absorption test.  I had to breathe in as deep as I could, then hold it for a few seconds, then breathe out.  I kinda failed that part too, but that's not surprising given my sarcoidsosis diagnosis.  Now the fun part.  The third part was to see about lung volume.  I rocked this part so much.  The tech says they see the highest numbers in people that exercise regularly, and he was very impressed with my numbers. :)  He said a lot of techie stuff that he had to dumb down for me.  Basically though, the lung learns to compensate, and it can be trained like a muscle.  When you exercise, it learns to take in more air the harder you work.  And mine works great. LOL  It's the little things in life, ya know? :)

And for the RESOLVE update:  I got an email back this morning, and I should be expecting a phone call for the phone interview!  Yay!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment