Saturday, January 28, 2012

Well that was fun!

First off, I am a terrible, terrible gym rat.  Truth.  I haven't been to the gym in a week.  I know.  Go ahead and judge me.  I can take it.  I can list off excuse after excuse.  I'm really good at it.  Watch:  1) I didn't get enough sleep.  2) I slept funny and I'm sore.  3) I have a headache.  4) WAY too cold.  -12?  I am SO not rolling out of bed.  5)  I've got some other stuff I have to do this morning and won't have time. 

Honestly though?  It comes down to this:  I don't want to roll my lazy self out of bed.  Sure, all of those are legitimate and reasonable excuses to not work out.  But really?  They're just excuses.  I know this. 

But -12 really is too cold to go anywhere at any time, much less 5:00 a.m. LOL

Now, on to the fun part.  Hubby and I did go to the gym this morning.  I did my 30 minutes in the express circuit (think Curves.  Same thing), then moved over to the arc trainer, just like usual.  I was having a heck of a time keeping my heart rate down.  I'm huffing and puffing and trying to slow down without the machine turning off.  I was just kind of looking around trying to not focus so much on what I was doing.  (that usually helps.)  I glanced over to my left to the wall of mirrors.  I didn't recognize myself!  I seriously looked around for the skinny chick who got on the arc trainer between me and the wall!  It was fabulous!  And it wasn't even the seam on the mirror.  You know how sometimes if two panes of mirror are stuck together, and you stand right there, you look skinnier from a ways back?  Yeah, no, this was right smack dab in the middle of a panel.  SO excited. 

In RESOLVE group news, we are THISCLOSE to becoming official!  I just have to finalize the meeting place, get RESOLVE the info, and we're good to go!  Woot!


3 comments:

  1. oh awesome! Did this give you the inspiration to get your lazy butt out of bed this coming week? ;)

    If I can do it, you can do it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm so proud of you Ash!

      I've had a rough week this week, too. How about the 3 of us make a deal: NO missed workouts for the next 7 days. We work out every day that we are scheduled to do so, NO EXCUSES. You in?

      Delete
    2. Sounds good! I usually go every other day, so this week it'll be M-W-F. When are your dates, Cat?

      Delete