Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Yoda was a genius, and other random things

You know, Yoda was kind of a genius.  Ok, so he was a lot of a genius, but that's not the point.  Point is, my quote to live by is a Yoda quote.  Ready?

"Do or do not.  There is no try."

I love it.  It's so...motivational.  If you're going to do something, do it.  Don't waffle around saying "oh, I'll give it a try."  "Oh, I'll try to do it."  No, you won't.  You will do it, or you won't.  You don't look at your goals and say "I'm going to try to be able to do 10 pushups in a row this time next month."  If you go into it with that attitude, you're giving yourself permission to fail.  If you're going to give yourself permission to fail, what's the point?

In other news, here in America, it's the day before Thanksgiving.  So, I'm going to list a few things I'm thankful for.  Oh quit moaning, I promise to keep it short.  I am thankful for:
  • My super hardcore awesome hubby.  We've had a very emotionally draining month (which is a post for another day) and he has been there for me like never before.  He deals with my crazy mood swings, my anger, my apathy, and my grief.  Either that or he's afraid of me when I go all bat crap crazy and he just wants to prevent that from happening.  Either way, he's hardcore awesome and I superhero love him.

  • My super awesome family.  They've supported me these past few weeks when I needed it.  Not that that's a new development.  They've always been there for me, and I got a feeling they always will be.  :D

  • My gym.  I love Planet Fitness.  I love that it's just a mile or two from my house.  I love that it's brand new, so doesn't smell all funky like.  I love that there's only 10 people there when me and Kristi go in the mornings. 

  • My job.  I know that in this economy today, I am very lucky to have a job, much less one I really enjoy.  I really like the people I work with, and I really like the work that I do.  The company I work for is great, and I'm just very lucky to have my job.

  • My stuff.  I know that sounds super shallow, but just hear me out.  I am very thankful for the fact that we can afford the stuff we have.  Not everyone can.  I am very lucky to have a husband who is MUCH better at budgeting than I am.  And going back to the job thing, we both are lucky enough to have good jobs.  I am very thankful for that.


All in all, I am very, very blessed.  I am thankful for so many more things, but I promised I'd keep it short.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

1 comment: