Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday Ramblings

In my world, today starts the Christmas season.  I do my best to keep the Christmas obsession to a minimum from Halloween to Thanksgiving.  But the day after Thanksgiving, all bets are off.  It's Christmas from now until New Years. 

No, that doesn't mean I went Black Friday shopping.  My hubby did.  I don't deal with that foolishness.  There are stories of grown adult women choking a 12 or 13 year old girl in Walmart this morning in my hometown because the little girl got to something before the adult did.  Really?  Is that stupid TV worth that much to you?  For shame!

In other news, I did work out at home today.  Didn't want to, and it took a lot of willpower and self control to not just sit here in front of my computer and veg.  I REALLY wanted to veg.  But I did 20 minutes on my trampoline holding 3 pound dumbbells in each hand, then another 20 minutes on my elliptical.  Logged almost 600 calories burned.  Woot. :)

2 comments:

  1. Woot! I'm impressed! You already had your workout in by 7 am ON YOUR DAY OFF! I'm also shamed. It's almost noon here and I'm still in my jammies. lol
    As for the Black Friday chick, I hope the girl's mother made her wish she had kept her stupid self in bed. Maybe it's the monthly surge of hormones talking, but I would have drawn blood. Poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it was my day off. Nope, some of us still have to work today. I am thankful I don't work retail anymore though!

    ReplyDelete